1. User's Information to be Collected and Method of Collection
- 1.1. For purposes of this Policy, "User's Information" means the following information which is to be collected by the Company pursuant to this Policy: (i) information that identifies users, (ii) history of actions in the Services and (iii) other information created or accumulated in user's smartphones, PCs or other terminal devices in relation to users or user's terminal devices.
1.2. The Company shall collect the User's Information by the following collection method.
- (i) Provision of information by the user through the entry form or other interfaces set in the Services (name, email address, picture for icon)
- (ii) Provision of information through a third party service, caused by the user's permission on such third party service collaborating with use of the Services (ID, email address, etc. used by the user in such third party service)
- (iii) Obtaining information of the user regarding status of use of the Services, environment for using the Services, etc. (information such as environment for use, use logs and Cookies, by which individual persons cannot be identified)
- 1.3. The Company utilizes the access analysis services specified in the following items in the Services. The providers of the access analysis services will obtain information regarding status of use of the Services, environment for using the Services, etc. (information such as environment for use, use logs and cookies, by which individual persons cannot be identified), and conduct access analysis utilizing such information. The users not desiring the access analysis through the access analysis services may prevent ("Opt Out") the access analysis with respect to each access analysis service by accessing the respective URL in the following items. Please note that the user may have to do Opt Out again in the same manner if the user changes the terminal device or browser, or changes or deletes Cookie files in the browser.
2. Purpose of Use
2.1. The Company shall use User's Information for the purposes set forth in the following items:
- (i) provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of the Services, including but not limited to acceptance of registration for the Services, identification of individuals and computation of use fees;
- (ii) guidance or response to inquiries relating to the Services;
- (iii) addressing a violation of rules, regulations or policies relating to the Services (the "Rules");
- (iv) notice of any modification to the Rules;
- (v) development, provision, improvement and announcement of new services; and
- (vi) other purposes incidental to the foregoing.
- 2.2. The Company may process User's Information into a format by which individual persons cannot be identified by certain method such as creating statistical data, and use it for purposes other than those specified in 2.1 above and provide it to a third party.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the "Act") or other applicable laws and regulations, the Company shall not provide to any third party personal information contained in the User's Information without the prior consent of the user, unless:
- (i) The Company authorizes such third party to handle the personal information in whole or in part to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use;
- (ii) The personal information is provided through a business transfer by way of merger or other similar transactions; or
- (iii) The Company is required to cooperate with state or local governmental organizations or their agents to perform their duties or obligations pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, and such performance is likely to be precluded if the consent of the user must be obtained.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon request from the user to disclose its personal information under the Act, the Company shall, without delay, disclose to the user such information after confirming its identity (or notify it of the non-existence of such personal information), to the extent required to do so pursuant to the Act and other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that you must pay a commission (1,000 yen per application) for disclosure of personal information.
5. Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
- 5.1. If the Company is required by the user to (1) correct the content of personal information under the provisions of the Act because such information is false, or (2) suspend use of personal information because such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or has been collected in a fraudulent or otherwise illicit manner, then the Company shall, without delay, conduct an appropriate investigation after confirming the requesting party's identity, and based upon the results, correct the content or suspend the use of such personal information, and notify the party to that effect. In cases where the Company decides not to make such correction or suspension of the use on a reasonable ground, the Company shall notify the user to that effect.
- 5.2. Should the Company not be obligated to correct, or suspend use of, information pursuant to the Act and other applicable laws and regulations, the provisions of 5.1 shall not apply.
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of the User's Information must be submitted to:Bit Journey, Inc.
Address: zephyr 104, 1-22-10, Tairamachi, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-0032