Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set forth the terms and conditions for providing the Services (as defined below), and the rights and obligations between the Company and registered users of the Services. You must read and agree to the entire Terms and Conditions before using the Services.
Article 1 Applicability
- 1. The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to set forth the terms and conditions for providing the Services and the rights and obligations between the Company and the Registered Users (as defined below), and these Terms and Conditions shall apply to all aspects of the relationship between you and the Company in connection with the Services.
- 2. Any guidelines and other rules to be established by the Company (if any) shall constitute an integral part of these Terms and Conditions.
- 3. If these Terms and Conditions conflict with the guidelines and other rules set forth in Article 1.2 or any other description of the Services not provided for herein, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Article 2 Definitions
For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the following terms have the following meanings.
- (1) “Service Agreement” means the agreement relating to use of the Services to be executed between the Company and the Registered User under these Terms and Conditions.
- (2) “IP Rights” means copyrights, patents, trade marks, utility rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights (including rights to obtain or to apply for registration of such rights).
- (3) “Posted Data” means any content, including but not limited to text, images, animation and other data, that is posted or otherwise transmitted by the Registered User hereunder.
- (4) “Company” means Bit Journey, Inc.
- (5) “Service Site” means such website as may be from time to time operated by the Company, which is used for provision of the Services.
- (6) “Registered User” means any person that has been registered as a user of the Services pursuant to Article 3 (User Registration).
- (7) “Services” means any and all services provided by the Company under the name “Kibela” (or if such name or the content of such services has been modified for any reasons, such modified services).
- (8) “Team” means the group of the Registered Users which may be formed in the Services in accordance with the procedures designated by the Company.
- (9) “Fee” means the fee to use the Services.
Article 3 User Registration
- 1. A person wishing to use the Services (a “Candidate”) may apply for registration as a user of the Services by agreeing to comply herewith and providing certain information as specified by the Company (the “User Registration Information”) in accordance with such manner as may be prescribed by the Company.
- 2. When the Company completes the procedure of the registration, the Service Agreement shall become effective between the Registered User and the Company, allowing the Registered User to use the Services pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Company reserves the rights to refuse registration of any Candidate as a user of the Services without any obligation to disclose the reasons, in the event that the Company determines that:
- (i) Any or all of the User Registration Information provided by the Candidate to the Company is found to be false, inaccurate or omitted;
- (ii) The Candidate is a minor, adult ward, or person under curatorship or assistance, for which approval has not been obtained from such Candidate’s legal representative, guardian, curator or assistant;
- (iii) The Candidate (i) constitutes an organized crime group or a member thereof, rightist organization, anti-social force, or other similar person or entity (“Antisocial Force”), (ii) has any interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, or (iii) assists or is involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force by way of finance or other means;
- (iv) The Candidate has been in violation of any agreements with the Company, or has involvement with a defaulting party of any such agreements;
- (v) The Candidate has suffered any of the measures under Article 10; or
- (vi) In addition to the foregoing, the Company deems the registration inappropriate.
- 4. If there is any change to the User Registration Information, the Registered User shall promptly provide the Company of any detailed information of the change in accordance with such manner as prescribed by the Company.
Article 4 Account and Password Management
- 1. The Registered User shall not cause a third party to use the account information for the Services, or provide, transfer, change the name of, sell or otherwise dispose of, the same.
- 2. The Registered User shall be responsible for managing and preserving the password to login the Services in an appropriate manner.
- 3. The Registered User shall be, and the Company shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of inappropriate management, misuse, or use by a third party of, the Registered User’s password.
Article 5 Team
- 1. The Registered User may apply for registration of a Team by providing the Company with certain information specified by the Company (the “Team Registration Information”).
- 2. The Registered User may apply for participation in an existing Team in the manner specified by the Company.
3. The Registered User hereby agrees to the following items with respect to the Team:
- (i) The Company or other Registered User authorized to manage the participants may reject or withdraw the participation of the Registered User to a Team, or exclude the Registered User from the Team it has participated in;
- (ii) Participation to a Team by Registered Users not less than the number separately designated by the Company shall require payment of the Fee to the Company;
- (iii) If the Fee for a Team required to pay under Article 5.3 (ii) is not paid, the Services through the Team shall become unavailable;
- (iv) If (a) the Fee for a Team required to pay under Article 5.3 (ii) is not paid, (b) there is no Registered User participating in a Team, or (c) there has been no use of the Services through a Team for 12 months, the Company may cancel the registration of the Team and delete any information registered in the Services through the Team;
- (v) If the registration of a Team is canceled, the Posted Data posted or otherwise transmitted through the Team is to be deleted; and
- (vi) If the Registered User participates in a Team, the Registered User may be contacted by other Registered Users participating in the Team by email to the email address registered in the Services or by other means.
Article 6 Fees and Payment Method
- 1. Unit price and calculation method of the Fee shall be as specified in the Service Site.
- 2. The Fee shall be paid by the method selected by the Registered User authorized to manage the Fee for the Team from among the payment methods specified by the Company. Payment of the Fee by any method other than the foregoing method shall not be considered to be a valid payment of the Fee, unless the Company explicitly accepts the validity.
- 3. The due date of the Fee for a calendar month shall be the end of the next calendar month.
- 4. Even if the Registered User is not able to use the Services in any reason, the Company shall not be obliged to reduce or cancel the Fee.
Article 7 Prohibited Actions
When using the Services hereunder, the Registered User may not conduct any of the following acts or any act that the Company determines falls under any of the following:
- (i) acts that violate these Terms and Conditions or any laws or regulations, or that are associated with criminal activity;
- (ii) acts that defraud or threaten the Company, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- (iii) acts against public order and good morals;
- (iv) acts that infringe any IP Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation or other rights or profit of the Company, other Registered Users or other third parties;
(v) acts to transmit to other Registered Users or other third parties, through the Services, any of the following or any transmissions that the Company determines includes under any of the following:
- excessively violent or cruel content;
- computer viruses or other hazardous computer programs;
- content that damage the reputation or the credit of the Company, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- excessively indecent content;
- content that encourages discrimination;
- content that encourages suicide or self-mutilation;
- content that encourages drug abuse;
- antisocial content;
- content for the purpose of disbursing information, such as chain mails;
- content that causes uncomfortable feelings to third parties;
- content for the purpose of encountering unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
- (vi) acts that place an excessive burden on the network or system of the Services;
- (vii) acts that threaten to interrupt the operation of the Services;
- (viii) acts to access or attempt to access the system or network of the Services improperly;
- (ix) acts to impersonate a third party;
- (x) acts to use the Services using the account information of other Registered Users;
- (xi) acts to use the Services as media whose purposes are exploitation, advertisement or solicitation;
- (xii) acts to collect information of Registered Users or other users of the Services;
- (xiii) acts that cause disadvantage, damage or uncomfortable feelings to other Registered Users of the Services or other third parties;
- (xiv) acts to provide Antisocial Forces with profit;
- (xv) acts that are intended to encounter unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
- (xvi) acts that, directly or indirectly, evoke or facilitate acts listed in the preceding items; or
- (xvii) other acts that the Company deems to be inappropriate.
Article 8 Suspension of the Services
1. The Company shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the Registered User, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, in the event that:
- (i) Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for the Services needs to be performed due to urgent circumstances;
- (ii) Computers or communication lines have been disrupted due to an accident;
- (iii) The Company becomes unable to provide the Services due to force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disasters; or
- (iv) The Company determines that suspension or discontinuance is required for other reasons.
- 2. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of any measures taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 8.
Article 9 Ownership of Rights
- 1. Any and all IP Rights related to the Service Site and the Services are expressly reserved by the Company or the Company’s licensor. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the Registered User a license of the IP Rights owned by the Company or the Company’s licensor.
- 2. The Registered User hereby represents and warrants to the Company that it has lawful rights to post or otherwise transmit the Posted Data, and that the Posted Data so posted does not infringe any third party’s rights.
- 3. The Registered User hereby grants to the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and sublicensable and transferrable license to use, reproduce, distribute, make, express and create derivative works of the Posted Data. In addition, the Registered User hereby grants to the other Registered Users a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, make, express and create derivative works of the Posted Data posted or otherwise transmitted by the Registered User using the Services.
4. Notwithstanding Article 9.3, the Company shall not use the Posted Data beyond the following purposes, unless the Company notifies in advance the Registered User who has posted or otherwise transmitted the Posted Data of such use:
- (i) provision and improvement of the Services;
- (ii) development, provision and improvement of new services as may be provided by the Company itself or in collaboration with a third party; or
- (iii) development, use and provision of statistical information by which individual Posted Data cannot be identified.
- 5. The Registered User hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights regarding the Posted Data against the Company or any other person who succeeded the rights of the Company relating to the Posted Data or who is granted a license relating to such rights by the Company.
Article 10 Registration Cancellation
The Company may, without prior notice or demand, delete the Posted Data, or temporarily suspend the use by the Registered User of the Services, cancel the Registered User’s registration as such or terminate the Service Agreement, in the event of any of the following:
- (i) The Registered User failed to comply with any of provisions hereof;
- (ii) Any of the Registration Information is found to be false;
- (iii) The Registered User underwent payment suspension or became insolvent, or a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation or other similar procedure was filed against the Registered User;
- (iv) The Registered User has not used the Services for 12 months or more;
- (v) The Registered User has not responded to inquiries from the Company or other communications requiring its response for 1 month or more;
- (vi) The Registered User falls under any of the subparagraphs of Article 3.3; or
- (vii) In addition to the foregoing, if the Company determined that it is not appropriate for the Registered User to use the Services, maintain its registration as a Registered User, or have the Service Agreement remain in effect.
- 2. In cases where any Registered User participating in a Team falls under any of the events in the subparagraphs of Article 10.1, the Company may, without any prior notice to the Registered Users participating the Team, temporarily suspend the use of the Services through the Team or cancel the registration of the Team.
- 3. The Company may delete, or restrict the use, access, etc. with respect to, a part of the Posted Data, to the extent necessary for smooth provision of the Services or for development, improvement, maintenance, etc. of the systems used for the Services
- 4. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 10.
Article 11 Withdrawal
- 1. The Registered User may withdraw from the Services and cancel its registration as a Registered User by giving notice to the Company to that effect and pursuant to such manner as specified by the Company.
- 2. Treatment of user information after the withdrawal shall be subject to the provisions of Article 15.
Article 12 Services Modification and Termination
- 1. The Company shall be entitled to at any time modify or terminate the Services in its own discretion. The Company shall notify in advance the Registered User of any intended termination by the Company of the Services.
- 2. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 12.
Article 13 Disclaimer and Waiver of Warranties
- 1. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (including but not limited to any representation or warranty (i) of fitness or suitability for a particular purpose contemplated by the Registered User, (ii) that the Services have expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, (iii) that the use by the Registered User of the Services complies with the laws and regulations applicable to the Registered User or any internal rules established by industrial organizations, and (iv) that the Services will be free of interruption or defects).
- 2. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by the Company of the Services, deletion or loss of messages or information transmitted by the Registered User to the Services, cancellation of the registration of the Registered User, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services (“Damages”).
- 3. The Company shall not be liable for any amount exceeding the consideration paid by the Registered User to the Company for the immediately previous 12 months in relation to Damages incurred by the Registered User that are attributable to the Company for any reasons whatsoever. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, FUTURE DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS.
- 4. The Company shall not in any way be liable for transactions, communications or disputes arising between the Registered User and other Registered Users or a third party in connection with the Services or the Service Site.
Article 14 Confidentiality
The Registered User shall keep confidential any and all non-public information disclosed by the Company to the Registered User for which the Company has imposed on the Registered User a confidentiality obligation in connection with the Services, unless the Registered User has obtained prior written approval from the Company.
Article 15 Treatment of User Information
- 2. The Company may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the Registered User to the Company as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the Registered User may not challenge or dispute such use.
Article 16 Amendments
The Company reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any amendment or change to these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall notify the Registered User thereof. If the Registered User uses the Services, or fails to take steps to cancel its registration within the time specified by the Company after the notice set forth above, the Registered User shall be deemed to have agreed to such amendment or change to these Terms and Conditions.
Article 17 Notice
- 1. Any inquiries with respect to the Services or other communications or notices from the Registered User to the Company, or the notices concerning any amendment to these Terms and Conditions or other communications or notices from the Company to the Registered User shall be made in accordance with the procedures specified by the Company.
- 2. In cases where a communication or notice from the Company to the Registered User is made through an email, such communication or notice shall be deemed to be delivered when the Company sends the email to the email address registered in the Services by the Registered User.
- 3. In cases where a communication or notice from the Company to the Registered User is made through posting on the Service Site, such communication or notice shall be deemed to be delivered at the earlier of (i) when the notice is made to the Registered User through the notification function in the Services, and (ii) 1 month from and including the day on which the communication or notice is posted on the Service Site.
Article 18 Assignment
- 1. The Registered User shall not assign, transfer, grant security interests in or otherwise dispose of its status under the Service Agreement or its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without the prior written consent of the Company.
- 2. In cases where the Company has assigned the business regarding the Services to a third party, the Company may, as part of such assignment, assign to such third party its status under the Service Agreement, its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, and the Registration Information and other information relating to the Registered User, and the Registered User hereby agrees to such assignment in advance. For the purposes of this Article 18.2, the business assignment referred to above shall include, in addition to the usual form of business assignment, a split of the Company or any other form of restructuring of the Company that would result in a business transfer.
Article 19 Severability
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Law of Japan or other laws or regulations, the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 20 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- 1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan. If there are sales of goods in the Services, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG) shall not apply.
- 2. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
Established on 08/31/2016